About the Course
35 CEUs through NCBTMB
In our culture, we are taught to think of life as static, but life and the human body are and have always been dynamic, alive, and in motion. Did you know that the forces that can facilitate healing are the same forces that shaped you in your earliest days?
In this course, you will be introduced to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST), an elegant and effective system of healing whose roots go back centuries and are found in many indigenous cultures. Dr. Andrew Taylor Still brought some of these tools to the white world through his creation of Osteopathy. The discoveries of one of Still’s students, Dr. William Sutherland, are the branch of this ancient tree that is today called BCST. You’ll learn and experience various aspects of the biodynamic paradigm which are the foundation of this work and all the courses taught at the School of Inner Health. You may have already experienced our one-day introductory course on this topic and are interested to delve even more deeply into the intricacies of the work and theory. (However, please note that the one-day class is not a pre-requisite to this course.) Additionally, since this course is equivalent to Module 1 of the full certification training, it is a great way to explore if the full training is a fit for you.
More generally, craniosacral biodynamics may be beneficial for you if you are a massage therapist or other bodyworker looking to lessen the physical wear-and-tear on your own body while at the same time increasing the depth, effectiveness, and impact of your healing work with clients. Psychotherapists also find enormous benefit in applying this material in their work. You will be able to use what you learn in this class and apply it immediately in your existing practice. This course also fulfills the pre-requisite requirement for our five-day Neurodynamics course and can be applied toward your continuing education requirements (35 CEs).
- Learn experientially through hands-on work, exercises, and lecture in a relaxed, safe, supportive environment.
- Learn and practice creating the conditions where healing can occur.
- Learn techniques of mindfulness, presence, and embodiment.
- Delve into the basics of craniosacral therapy with an emphasis on learning and practicing the basic practitioner skills necessary for this work.
- Explore and experience the core elements of the biodynamic paradigm.
- Learn to palpate (feel and sense) the subtle underlying forces of the human system and amplify its healing capacity.
- Discover how the body expresses both Health and patterns of resistance and disease.
- Learn skills to support the re-ordering of disturbance or disorder.
- Finish the class able to apply these skills immediately in your current practice and life.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that students enrolling in the Introduction to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy course receive at least one biodynamic craniosacral therapy session from a registered biodynamic craniosacral therapist (RCST) prior to attending the course. You can find practitioners HERE at the BCTA/NA website.
7550 W. Yale Ave.
Denver, CO 80227
Upcoming Class Dates
The dates listed here are 3 options for the Intro to BCST/Module 1 of the training. Module 1 can be taken as a stand-alone introductory course with no obligation to continue with the full training. Invitations to enroll in the full certification training will be extended after completion of this Intro course.
Intro/Module 1 Online Feb. 7, 9, 10, 2024 & On-site March 1-3, 2024
Intro/Module 1 Online May 8, 10, 11, 2024 & On-site May 16-18, 2024
(Online Schedule: 9:30-10:45a / 11:15a-12:30p / 2:30-3:45p / 4:15-5:30p – On-site Schedule: 9:30a – 6p with breaks and lunch)
* The online portion is a live course and students are expected to attend all live course segments via Zoom.