This advanced biodynamic program for practicing craniosacral therapists is taught by Emily Martin, BCST. Emily has developed her program from years of education and experience with babies, families and craniosacral therapy.
About the Course –
This three-module certificate program consists of three 3-day modules in-person in Denver.
Utilizing embodied learning experiences, advanced anatomy study, and hands-on practice, this course will explore the territories of conception, gestation, birth, and attachment to inform hands-on craniosacral with infants.
Currently, the need for this work is outpacing the number of experienced, knowledgeable practitioners. Being with Babies is an advanced course for Craniosacral Therapy professionals to gain the hands-on skills and knowledge needed to immediately add this level of support to their professional practice.
Please join us for this deep-dive into our earliest experiences. With the right tools, working with families can have positive impacts for generations.
- Infant anatomy
- Family Fields
- The Role of Cranial Nerves in Bonding & Feeding
- Plagiocephaly & Torticollis
- Conception experiences
- Exploring the Mesoderm Anatomy and Experience
- Pre-verbal Communication
- Working within a Care Team
- Tongue and Lip Ties
- Oral Function Anatomy & Hands-on Practice
- Echoes of Perinatal Experiences in Family Fields
- Birth Imprints
- Primitive Streak and Birth Experiencing
- Hand-on Practice with Babies and Families
Our birth experiences leave imprints on our approaches to the world, from our posture to the way we seek connection, this course focuses on building the foundational and advanced skills to identify and meet these imprints in ourselves and our clients.
Join us in this opportunity to bring greater understanding, attunement and ease to these formative places, it can create change from the inside out with positive ripples into our present and to future generations.
More of what Being with Babies will explore:
- Understanding common birth and tension patterns
- Learn how to treat an unsettled baby
- Communicate and work within a care team of birth and bodywork professionals
- Understanding how tongue and lip ties interface with craniosacral therapy
- Appreciate the specific anatomy of infants and how to treat it
- Working within mom/baby dyads and multi-layered family dynamics
- Review birth patterns and the force vectors from birth rotation
- Repairing interrupted birth and attachment sequences
School of Inner Health
7550 W. Yale Ave., Ste. B-204
Denver, CO 80227
2024 Class Dates
Emily Martin has been in private practice in Colorado Springs, Colorado since 2004. Beginning her career as a massage therapist and birth doula, she completed her Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy studies in 2014, where her heart for supporting birthing families and infants has continued to grow. She currently offers Craniosacral Therapy to people of all ages and teaches a Tummy Time! Method class for babies and their parents.
Since continuing her studies across multiple modalities, she has witnessed the impact CST can have for improved birth, recovery and breastfeeding outcomes. Her combined education includes training with skilled professionals including John Chitty and Mia Kalef, trauma resolution modalities with Diane Poole Heller and others.