About the Course
Practitioners who are aware of biodynamic principles and actively practice and embody them in their trauma work are better able to create the conditions necessary for healing. At the School of Inner Health, the biodynamic paradigm is foundational and underlies our approach to all the courses we teach.
In this five-day (35-hour) course, you will learn the basics of the biodynamic paradigm and apply the principles in your work with the autonomic nervous system. You will deepen your capacity to track the nuances of your own autonomic nervous system states as well as those of your clients. While touch skills are taught in this course, they are not the main focus. Rather, the focus is on deepening your biodynamic skills of embodiment and perception as well as learning to feel fluid dynamics as a way to track the nervous system. You will also learn valuable verbal skills you may not have been taught in other programs.
This course is a good fit for you if you are a practicing psychotherapist interested in deepening your skills and your effectiveness in working with traumatized clients. It is also appropriate for experienced bodyworkers (massage therapists, craniosacral therapists, energy medicine practitioners, etc.) interested in learning how to effectively work with trauma when it inevitably arises in your session work. This class can be applied toward your continuing education requirements (35 CEs).
In this course, you will:
- Learn experientially through hand-on work, exercises, and lecture in a relaxed, safe, supportive environment
- Learn how to orient to and track your own nervous system states
- Deepen your skills of embodiment and perception
- Learn how to recognize, access, and amplify resources and resiliency in yourself and help your clients do the same
- Learn to distinguish between blueprint (inherent order) and imprint (conditioned patterns and responses)
- Gain a deeper understanding and embodied experience of the Window of Presence, including understanding the chemical components, recognizing when you are in or out of the window, and learning to better recognize this in your clients
- Deepen your perception of the fluid layer to enhance your ability to track nuances of nervous system states
- Learn how to better to track the subtleties of activation and settling in yourself and your clients
- Learn and practice important verbal components in order to skillfully guide your traumatized clients
- Gain a deeper capacity to recognize physiological cues that represent different nervous system states
- Learn to recognize how and where someone is holding the story of their trauma in their body
7550 W. Yale Ave, Ste. B-204, Denver, CO 80227
Upcoming Class Dates
March 20-24, 2019, 9:30am-6pm daily
October 23-27, 2019, 9:30am-6pm daily
**In order to take this course, you must meet at least one of the following pre-requisites:
- Complete the School of Inner Health’s 3-Day Biodynamic Principles course. You may purchase a bundle of the Biodynamic Principles course and the Neurodynamics course at a 12% discount HERE.
- Complete a 5-Day Introduction to Craniosacral Biodynamics course
- Complete at least the first module of a full Craniosacral Certification Training
- At least two years of experience working in a professional capacity with the autonomic nervous system / trauma